Auckland Grammar School is one of New Zealand's leading secondary schools, with a reputation for all-round excellence in academic, sporting and cultural pursuits. Providing an education for young men from Form 3 to Form 7, Auckland Grammar School sets very high standards in all aspects of the boys' daily lives, The Grammar Way.
We make sure that our policies and plans are implemented in ways that are sensitive to the cultural backgrounds, values and needs of both the individual students and their families.
Positions currently available:
Head of Te Reo Māori (2MU)
This position is for a permanent, full-time Head of Te Reo Māori, with 2MU, commencing Term 1 2022. Applications close on Wednesday 29 September 2021.
Database and Direct Mail Manager
Auckland Grammar School seeks a motivated and exceptional person to join its professional fundraising and events team. This key role requires someone with great relationship database skills who can continue growing the annual appeal, supporting prospect research, establishing a mid-level gift programme and servicing a capital campaign.
You will take responsibility for the integrity, accuracy and accessibility of the data which drives the success of our fundraising and engagement activities. You will be proactive in reporting to the Board and colleagues and help connect with the various Grammar community stakeholders. The successful applicant will need:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Superior relationship database skills (in a customer service or NFP environment)
- An appreciation of fundraising or sales concepts
- A high degree of quality control on all outputs
This is a full-time role, and in return we can promise a great team environment, flexible work hours, including working from home if required. Applications close on Friday 1 October 2021.
We are seeking an energetic, caring, organised and motivated person to join the Learning Support Team at Auckland Grammar School.
Essential skills required:
- Strengths in working with boys at a senior level
- An understanding of a range of learning differences, eg. Dyslexia, downs syndrome, vision etc
- Must have an excellent understanding of the English Language
- Experience working with secondary school students, although primary training is an advantage
- A good motivator
- Creativity and empathy
- A perquisite is a willingness to embrace the "Grammar Way"
You will be responsible for:
- Tutoring and assisting with programmes for students who have special teaching needs
- Tutoring individuals and small groups of students in literacy and Numeracy Skills under the guidance of Learning Support teaching staff
- Attending classes with students to assist in the classroom
- Assisting students with organised activities
This is a part-time, fixed term position with the possibility of renewal on a year-by-year basis. The position is subject to external funding. This position is up to 28 hours per week during term time only.
Applications close on Friday 1 October 2021.
Teacher of Art and Technology
This position is for a permanent, part-time (0.6) teacher of Art and Technology, commencing Term 1 2022. Applications close on Monday 4 October 2021.
Property Assistant (maternity cover for 6 months)
Auckland Grammar School is a large and diverse school and we are currently seeking an experienced, motivated and exceptional Property Assistant to join our Property Team, commencing in December 2021.
This position focuses primarily on property performance and compliance. This includes accepting responsibility for facility hire to external users and achieving the associated budget revenue. This role also has key administrative roles including the monitoring of capital and operational expenditure, and is the first point of contact for staff, property related requests and contractors visiting campus.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- To market the School's facilities and generate hire or letting interest from external potential users
- Professional and timely communication when interacting with staff, stakeholders/hirers (internal and external)
- Be familiar with the Property team's KPI's and work with the rest of the property team to ensure these are met
- Promote nominated School hire venues effectively and professionally ensuring the Grammar brand is retained and well presented
- To represent Auckland Grammar School professionally at School related events that require a commitment from the Property team
- Health and Safety
- Administration of bookings
We are looking for a person with the following attributes:
- A great cultural fit
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literacy, including all Microsoft suite products
- Sound numeric and administrative skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong personal organisation and time management skills
- Approachable with an ability to work effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Ability to build positive and constructive relationships, based on trust, understanding the needs of peers and delivering on the position's responsibilities and duties
- A commitment to work as a team to deliver the highest possible standard of services
- Able to be contactable in some cases outside working hours
- Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements
We are looking for a person who will positively engage with the wider school community, to ensure the School's vision (pre-eminence in boys' secondary education) remains the core focus in all that we do.
Applications close 12pm on Friday 8 October 2021.
Teacher of ESOL
This position is for a permanent, full-time teacher of ESOL, commencing Term 1 2022. Applications close on Wednesday 20 October 2021.
At Auckland Grammar School, we combine our heritage and traditions with innovation and continual growth and improvement. This provides a culture that is positive, dynamic, and upholds our core values of integrity, excellence, respect, courage, pride, commitment and humility.
Grammar offers both Cambridge and NZQA qualifications and it is the School's expectation that teaching staff participate fully in the extracurricular programme.
Please apply with a letter of application and a concise CV, along with the contact details of three referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org.